receipt of all pertinent application data, an applicant’s file will be scheduled
to undergo an Academic Review, where the academic and training information will
be assessed in order to determine if the applicant’s academic coursework and
training meet the Nevada requirements in the Academic Study Areas as outlined in
regulations NAC 641A.085.
If the applicant does not have
sufficient academic coursework, training or experience to meet Nevada
requirements, the applicant will be notified in writing which study areas are
If an applicant has sufficient academic coursework, training or
experience to meet Nevada requirements; and official transcripts are received by
the Board showing the required conferred degree; and the required Background
Check has been completed by the State of Nevada Department of Public Safety and
the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); then the applicant will be schedule
for an Interview with the Board. A delegation of the Board may form a committee
to execute the interview of the applicant.
An interview with the Board may be required for all applicants before licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist or a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern. An oral examination may be required in the interview with the Board before licensure. All applicants for Marriage and Family Therapist-Intern must have secured an Approved Primary Supervisor and submitted the Primary Supervision Form.
Intern Licensing Procedure
1. Submit application with your application fee ($150)
2. Submit Official Graduate Transcript to the Board Office with academic coursework to date (these must be in sealed envelopes or electronic sent directly from the institution)
3. Follow the Background Check Procedure Process.
4. Once your application is received it will be processed in 10-15 business days. Once processed you will receive written correspondence via email of what has been received and still needs to be received. You will also receive a list of Board Approved Supervisors at that time.
5. Secure a Primary Supervisor and submit the completed Primary Supervisor Contract (please include a DETAILED plan and/or Supervision Contract).
6. Secure a Secondary Supervisor and submit completed secondary supervisor form.
7. Supervised Experience Form should be filled out by each Supervisor that you accrued hours under. (If coming from another state).
8. Fill out the Summary of Supervised Experience (if coming from another state).
Once the above items are received
1. Board will conduct Academic Review of coursework and application
2. Submit completed Licensed Mental Health Professional Available for Consultation if appropriate
3. Board office will contact you in regards to your file status.