ATTN: Candidates for Internship
Candidates for internship must submit a completed Secondary Supervisor Contract along with their application for licensure before the application can be approved.
Pursuant to NAC 641A.178, before beginning an internship, each intern must have a secondary supervisor approved by the Board. The approved secondary supervisor or supervisors must meet with the intern for a combined total of at least 40 hours to discuss and evaluate the performance of the intern.
Approved Supervisor Qualifications & Supervision of Interns
Each potential supervisor must offer evidence satisfactory to the Board of their experience which qualifies them to supervise.
Each supervisor must:
- Hold an active license in good standing issued by the Board
- Have been fully licensed for three years in any state or the District of Columbia
- Maintain liability insurance covering the supervision.
Supervision of Interns
- Unless otherwise authorized by the Board, not more than:
- Ten interns may be placed under the supervision of any secondary approved supervisor at one time.
- The time required for supervision includes the time devoted to:
- (a) Meetings between the approved supervisor and the intern where videotapes or audiotapes are reviewed;
- (b) Therapy sessions in which the approved supervisor participates;
- (c) Therapy sessions in which the approved supervisor observes the session from a location whereby the approved supervisor is neither seen nor heard; or
- (d) The presentation of a case by the intern and a discussion by the approved supervisor of the proper management and treatment of the case.
- The time required for supervision does not include the time devoted to attendance at seminars, workshops or classes.
- Remote supervision is allowed.
Application Process to Become an Approved Supervisor
Secondary Supervisor Application. Scroll down to log into your account. Please do not create a new one.