Licensure by Reciprocity
Below you will find the process to obtain licensure in Nevada as a MFT or CPC.
1. Background Check (this process takes 4-6 weeks to complete)
- fingerprint card (you can be fingerprinted in the state you are in)
- MONEY ORDER for $27.00 payable to Department of Public Safety
- DPS-006 form (link below)
SEND FINGERPRINTS, MONEY ORDER & WAIVER TO THE BOARD OFFICE!
3. Copy of ID
- State issued ID or Driver’s License
4. License Verification from current State Licensing Board
(We can do this online for most states)
5. Current Copy of Background
6. Obtain a self-query
- Obtain a self-query: Fee for self-query is about $4.00
- You will receive an application acknowledgement email informing you of any documents still needed to complete processing.
- Once all documents and background check have been received, you will get a congratulatory email with a License Registration Form attached.
7. Complete License Registration form and payment of $30.00 (check or money order payable to NV BOE)
- Our licenses are on a biennial renewal cycle. This license will expire by 1/1/2022 and the fee to renew is $450.00.